A list of sustainability action project ideas and resources that participating schools may select from is now available on the Keep Australia Beautiful NT website www.kab.org.au/nt
Is your school ready for the challenge?
Come along to the workshop to get things rolling in your school.
If your school would like to be involved you might like to have two facilitators attend a workshop to help with the planning of your action project(s).
When: Friday 30 November, 2007 (week 8) 8.30am – 4.00pm
Where: The Education Room, Alice Springs Desert Park
What: This workshop gives participants the opportunity to
- Find out more about the challenge and the types of action projects that students and teachers could be involved in
- Find out more about a whole school approach by looking at some examples from some of the NT Sustainable Schools who are part of the national AuSSI (Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative)
- Develop an action plan for their school projects
- Develop a funding proposal for the small grants available for the ‘challenge’
- Talk and plan with representatives from key supporting agencies/departments
Ø NT Department of Employment Education and Training – Teaching, Learning & Standards Division,
Ø NT Department of Natural Resources, Environment and the Arts –Waterwise Schools
Ø Desert Knowledge CRC Cool MOB
Ø Arid Lands Environment Centre
Ø Gardens for Wildlife
Ø Alice Springs Desert Park
ERT is available for up to 2 participants per school to attend the workshop. Application forms have been sent to all schools.
Contact Emma Bliss Emma.Bliss@nt.gov.au for more information
The Re-Thinking Waste in Schools Challenge is project managed by Keep Australia Beautiful and funded by NT Government and the Packaging Stewardship Forum