There is an opportunity to have input into Australia 2020 discussions that will be taking place in Canberra in April via a local Regional 2020 meeting in Alice Springs this weekend.
The meeting details are
Alice Springs - 29th March, 9am - 11am at Centralian Senior Secondary College
The aim is to discuss the same topics as in Canberra.
The Summit will focus on 10 future challenges:
· Australian Economy - future directions for the Australian economy - including education, skills, training, science and innovation as part of the nation's productivity agenda
· Infrastructure - economic infrastructure, the digital economy and the future of our cities
· Sustainability and Climate Change - population, sustainability, climate change and water
· Rural Australia - future directions for rural industries and rural communities
· Health - a long-term national health strategy - including the challenges of preventative health, workforce planning and the ageing population
· Communities and Families - strengthening communities, supporting families and social inclusion
· Indigenous Australia - options for the future of Indigenous Australia
· Creative Australia - towards a creative Australia: the future of the arts, film and design
· Governance - the future of Australian governance: renewed democracy, a more open government (including the role of the media), the structure of the Federation and the rights and responsibilities of citizens
· Australia's Future in the World - Australia's future security and prosperity in a rapidly changing region and world
You are asked to register for the meeting at http://www.warrensnowdon.com/2020_apps.htm and indicate which topics you are most interested in discussing.
It can be an opportunity to 'put on the table' some key issues identified by this network and your organisation to ensure that input comes from the desert as well as the coast and large metro areas.